Come be ENCOURAGED, INFORMED, and INSPIRED!
The Collegiate and First Year Teacher conference will be from Monday, July 11 through Friday, July 15. Registration and check-in on Monday is from 1-2:30 p.m. The final session on Friday ends at 3:00 p.m.
The High School conference will be from Wednesday, July 13 through Friday, July 15. Registration and check-in on Wednesday is from 1-3 p.m. The final session on Friday ends at 3:00 p.m.
It is about 40 minutes from Carroll University to Milwukeee's Mitchell International Airport. Please try to plan flights accordingly. Transportation from the airport will be provided upon request. The NextDirection schedule will include many informative sessions, which may include:
In addition to Dr. Jefferson Johnson from the University of Kentucky, We have some of the best choral leaders in our state and in the country ready to work with you, including:
- Producing dynamic rehearsals and discussions
- Understanding the conductor’s approach to the rehearsal
- Exploring impactful discussions on the power of music
- Realizing the influence of conducting gestures
- Developing leadership in the choral environment
- Collaborating with a master teacher-conductor
- Networking with other enthusiastic choir students and choral directors
- Experiencing great choral literature
A full conference schedule will be available by the end of April.
- Dr. Bob Demaree (UW-Platteville) - Servant Leadership
- Dr. Robert Sinclair (VanderCook College of Music) - Conducting Principles
- Dr. Zachary Durlam (UW-Milwaukee) - Tapping into the Power of Music
- Raymond Roberts (Milwaukee High School of the Arts) - "Helping BIPOC Singers Find Their Voice"
- Matthew Wanner and Genevieve Michels (Mukwonago High School) - Team Building with Intention
- Paul Gregg (McFarland High School) - Comprehensive Musicianship through Performance